Hadzabe Bushmen Day Trip Walking and Trekking
Departure from Karatu very early morning to visit the Hadzabe and go hunting with them.
The Hadzabe Tribe live in the dry terrain near Lake Eyasi, south of Ngorongoro crater in Tanzania. They have existed in this region for over 3000 years.
The Hadzabe people are nomads and thus don’t live in the same place for long. They only set up camp for several days or even months and then when they have harvested the resources of their current location, they move to another area. Their moves are normally influenced by climate changes and the availability of wild fruits and vegetation for their animals. They build homes by weaving small huts out of sticks from the euphorbia bush.
The Hadzabe use bows, arrows and spears to hunt for food.
They eat roots, meat, wild fruits and use alternative medicine to treat their illnesses. They utilize sticks and grass to start fires. Their unique lifestyle makes a stay with them an interesting and stimulating experience.
Drive back to Karatu in afternoon.
- Lunch included.
- All Taxes / VAT
- Park Fees
- Airport Transfer
- Accommodation as Mentioned in Itinerary
- 1-3 Meals a day Mentioned in Itinerary
- Bottled Water (1.5 Liter per person per day)
- Activities as mentiioned in tour description
- Transportation as mentioned, Toyota Land Cruiser with pop-up roof and Toyota Noah minivan for airport transfer
- A professional guide / driver
- International Flights
- Visa Fees
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks (Soda, Alcohol)
- Other Personal Items